I’ve been saying to my clients for a while, just you wait, ‘brown will be back’. I can now officially say ‘it’s here’.
Brown is a colour that divides opinion but there is no denying its back in the shops and is the colour of Autumn 2018. You may remember it from the 70’s or you may remember it from the early 00’s. You may be excited by its return or wishing deeply for it to go away.
Whichever way, have a look through my guide to of how to wear brown, my favourite looks and where to buy brown this season.
To start, take a look at the reasons why to consider brown at all:
- There is a tone of brown for everyone
- Brown is a softer alternative to black
- Brown is the perfect shade for going into Autumn
- Brown works with the softer warmer tones of terracotta and rust
- Brown and Black is chic
- Brown works just as well with fresher cooler pinks and lavender
- You can wear brown in florals, leopard print, checks and spots
Where to buy
Arket : the perfect place for minimal, stylish basics
Massimo Dutti : Tailored, classic additions to your wardrobe
Sezane : French, feminine and romantic
& other stories: playful touches
So go have a play with brown and let me know how you get on!
Come and follow me at www.instagram.co.uk/thestylingstorey for more daily style lessons