When it comes to British weather, there is no denying we have many rain days to contend with, so here’s my guide on how to look stylish and still express you even when the heavens pour down.
My Top Tips on how to keep rainwear interesting.
- Best 5 Styles to look for Trench / Cape / Parka / Quilted / Rain mac.
- Just because it’s practical doesn’t mean it has to be boring!
- Do I really need to say but keep it rain proof, check that it is suitable for the rain.
- Embrace colour, print and texture, whether that is a matt or a high shine finish. It’s a rainy dark day, why not use it as a way to brighten your day and add interest to your outfit rather than just cover up and hide.
- Layer, layer, layer: hooded tops under coats that don’t have a hood or capes over blazers for maximum coverage and outfit interest.
- Synthetic shoes and rubber soles are actually a better choice than leather which is porous, or alternatively look out for some rather cool weather proof shoes.
My top rain buys to still stay stylish (just click on the photo to go through to site!)
It’s all very well seeing inspiring images, you need to find places to buy them. Here are my suggestions and do also check out the suggestions of other practical brands I regularly recommend to my clients.
There is no reason to feel unstylish in the rain again!
Other Practical Brands to have on your radar when buying rainwear
Rain wear specialists
Brands with Practical DNA
Have fun with your style, express you and lift your mood with your clothes no matter what the weather!