Do you have dreams of becoming a stylist?
Would you like to know how to be a successful stylist?
Do you love dressing yourself and wondering if you could do the same for others?
Are you a stylist but struggling to find clients?
Perhaps you want to radically lift the standard of your own dressing by learning all the inside stylist tricks and tips and become more visible?
After 20 years in the industry there are 3 things I’d recommend you do to be a successful stylist:
- Research : It’s important that you are put to date on what is in fashion and what is going on in the wider industry. Be up to date on the clothes in the shops, know unusual brands and be aware of the challenges of your clients and therefore the brands that would serve them best. Read the latest books on style and fashion (or try and get them at the Library if you are just starting out). Know what has been said in the past and create a stance on where you would like the industry to go.
- Be aware of the emotional needs of your client. Don’t get caught into the trap of just focusing on body shape and colouring. Take a step back and really think about where the client is emotionally and how she wants to feel on a day to day basis. How can you help her make the leap to being more confident and belief in herself?
- You have to look good, not just your client. You may be good at dressing others but you mustn’t forget about your own brand. If you are starting out focus in on 3 or 4 great outfits that truly represent you. Make sure your style is authentic to you but is a look you can grow into and will attract your ideal future client.
Would you like to do an online styling workshop?
This masterclass has ended, sign up to the mailing list to be the first to hear when it’s on next
If you have found this interesting then I have good news. For one time only I have a new online workshop happening. Online Styling Workshop: How to be a successful stylist.
For 3 hours become immersed in all things style and business. Learn Loulou’s unique method of working and how to ensure every client you work with walks away dying to give you a blossoming testimonial, thanking you for how you’ve turned their life around.
This is a one off opportunity to find out the secrets to Loulou’s method that she has developed over the last 20 years in the industry. She will share her insight and experience that has got her to build a successful Style Coaching business on to ITV and the BBC, allowed her to work with some of the UK’s top brands such as Me&Em and Karen Millen.
Workshop is £275 but we have 10 Early Bird tickets available at £150 until 14th October (at time of writing we had 4 left).
The 3 hour workshop will be broken down into:
– Fundamentals of Style : How to style every figure, lifestyle and colouring.
– Loulou Storey Styling Method so every client walks away with confidence and a raving testimonial.
– How to be a top stylist: Ensure your look and social is on brand and you have a financially thriving business.
– Innovative, expressive and on trend outfitting ideas for you and your client.
– Live Q & A to solve all your style and business challenges.
NB IF YOU CANT MAKE IT LIVE ON THE DAY YOU WILL BE ABLE TO CATCH UP AS ALL RECORDINGS WILL BE SENT OUT
Here is that link again to the workshop.
***This masterclass has ended, sign up to the mailing list to be the first to hear when it’s on next ***
and if you would like more support on your own wardrobe, check out The 9 unexpected steps to detoxing your wardrobe
See you there!